No permissions

Kyle Gordon bagpuss at lodge.glasgownet.com
Mon Oct 13 07:08:44 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I've recently installed nagios-mysql from the Debian testing branch, and
I'm having endless problems with the cgi authentication. I can log in
fine (using mod_auth_pam), and I've set all the authorization options in
cgi.cfg to allow the username that I use. When logged in, it says up in
the top right 'Logged in as bagpuss', so I would assume that it knows
who I am etc. However, whenever I go to view any status information, it
comes back with this error message -
--
It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
any of the services you requested...

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.
--

My /etc/nagios/apache.conf file (Included from the main config) has all
the regular 'require valid-user' options, so I doubt that would be

Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or hints? They'd all be
greatly appreciated :-)

Regards

Kyle