No permissions

Bagpuss The Cat bagpuss at lodge.glasgownet.com
Tue Oct 14 01:35:07 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 08:17, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> Kyle Gordon wrote:
> > I've recently installed nagios-mysql from the Debian testing branch, and
> > I'm having endless problems with the cgi authentication. I can log in
> > fine (using mod_auth_pam), and I've set all the authorization options in
> > cgi.cfg to allow the username that I use. When logged in, it says up in
> > the top right 'Logged in as bagpuss', so I would assume that it knows
> > who I am etc.
>
> Does your username match the contact name in your nagios configuration?
> Nagios appears to use your username which you used to authenticate to
> apache to check which services you are allowed to view.
>
> Change your contact name to match your apache username (or the other way
> around) or mark the username as a GOD! *evil laughter* But i don't
> really recommend this.
>
> Regards, Sami

Hi,

I've now set contact_name in contacts.cfg to the same as my username in
apache, and added myself to the necessary contact groups in
contactgroups.cfg, but I still get this error message.

After Nagios is restarted there are no useful messages in the logs, so
I"m not getting any hints that way unfortunately.

As a side issue (possibly related?) it doesn't appear to be
creating/writing the status.log file, yet it is all up and running and
the config file checks all pass sucessfully. Any further thoughts?

Regards

Kyle