defining passive services

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Sat Oct 4 01:21:56 CEST 2003

Use whatever check command you like. Check_dummy or check_ping  might be a good one. As long as you either have active_checks_enabled set to 0 or the check_period set to none, it'll never get executed. It does need to match a valid command definition though. The preferred way of doing it would be to create a comand definition that somwhat resembles the check you are doing but that's mostly for human readability, IMHO.

--
Marc