defining passive services

Peter Hicks petong at jah.net
Sat Oct 4 00:52:56 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the configuration of passive alerts. I have
nsca set up to receive alerts from lrrd, and this seems to be working
fine. It appears that nsca is passing these alerts on to nagios. My
question is how to properly define a service to accept these passive
alerts.

The service in question that I am monitoring is cpu usage. When
cpu usage exceeds 90%, an alert is sent out. I have
passive_checks_enabled in service.cfg, but each service definition needs
a check_command by default.

What do I need to do to get this last bit working?

Thanks!

-Peter