commands cgi peculiarity, commands execute, and then are undone

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Sun Oct 5 02:40:19 CEST 2003

Whenever this happens, 9/10 times I find there's a rogue Nagios process
running.  Try stopping nagios, and kill any orphaned processes, then startup
Nagios again.

HTH

"Michael Komitee" <michael.komitee at vonage.com> wrote in message
news:01A58DDBEFA30947B3CEF20E514B3747015B40 at MAIL1.vonage.net...
I'm running Nagios Version 1.1 in a production environment and recently the
commands cgi has stopped functioning properly. It seems that when a command
is input via the CGI, it is executed properly. Within a short period of
time, however, whatever the command did, is undone.

eg: I disable a service notification. Once the command is input, I check to
see if the notification has been disabled, and it has been. Within a minute,
however, it is automatically re-enabled.

we're performing about 290 checks per minute. load is high on the server.

dual 2.4 ghz xeons, a gig of ram

most checks cause the execution of around 3 instances of perl. (5.6.1).
15 minute load average stays around 5.50 or so.

i've really gotta stress this though, under this load the system continues
to be HIGHLY responsive.
it's forking a lot of instances of perl, and so there's a high load average.

I dont see how this can be related to load, although we are executing a lot
of checks.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-mike

any issue.