Authentication

Ciro Arnaldo Iriarte ciriarte at personal.com.py
Fri Oct 3 06:15:35 CEST 2003

As far as I know, Nagios completetly delegates de authentication on Apache, once
Apache authenticated de user (no matter what module you use for authentication)
you are on the right path. As always you need to define de contacts with the
same username on your AD (bkesson is better than "Brian Kesson", any way i'm not
sure if Nagios accepts contacts names with spaces, you define wich one you are
going to use for your authentication in the mod_auth_ldap query)

CI.-

"Kesson Brian D Contr Det 1 AFRL/WSI" <Brian.Kesson at wpafb.af.mil> con fecha
02/10/2003 10:37:06 a.m.

Destinatarios: "'nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'"
      <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
CC:        (cci: Ciro Arnaldo Iriarte/Telecom_Personal/PY)
Asunto:   [Nagios-users] Authentication

Has anyone set up authentication into Nagios using active directory?  We have a
Red Hat server running apache to serve out nagios.  We would like to allow our
users and Admins to access nagios using their current AD accounts.  I know I can
set up the apache authentication using mod_auth_ldap for the AD part, but does
anything have to be done to set nagios permissions for the accounts once they
are authenticated.  I am wondering about the cgi permissions and such.  Any
advice from someone who has done it before would be appreciated.

THX
Brian

::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when reporting any
issue.

Visite nuestro Sitio http://www.personal.com.py