Authentication

Jason Martens jmartens at cityofevanston.org
Fri Oct 3 15:59:32 CEST 2003

I am running Nagios on RH 8.0, and I use mod_auth_ldap in apache for
authentication.  Again, as Mike said, authorization is still controlled
in your nagios configuration, not apache.  Here's my httpd.conf section
for Nagios if it helps.

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
        AuthName "Nagios Login"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthLDAPBindDN
"CN=SomeUser,OU=Users,DC=some,DC=activeDirectory,DC=com"
        AuthLDAPBindPassword Some password
        # AuthLDAPURL should point to your ldap server
        AuthLDAPURL
ldap://x.x.x.x:389/DC=some,DC=activeDirectory,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?
        require valid-user
        Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

The sAMAccountName? part is important, as that's the section of AD that
stores the login name for your AD accounts.

Jason Martens