cannot find libaries during compiling

Lee Conquest lconquest at bdpnet.com
Tue Nov 25 22:56:56 CET 2003

Thanks for the tip.  It worked.

Now I get error messages when accessing the statusmap.cgi and trends.cgi.  I
did an ldd on statusmap.cgi and there is a file missing:

libz.so =>       /usr/lib/libz.so
libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
libpng12.so.0 => (file not found)
libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
libds.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1

I checked that file in /usr/local/lib and found it has a symbolic link to
the libpng12.so.0.1.2.4 file that is also in /usr/local/lib.  The files
referenced in /usr/lib are links to binaries in that directory
(/usr/lib/libz.so links to the binary libz.so.1 in the same directory).

Any ideas on where the binary could be located?  I know the gd libraries as
well as the png, zlib, and jpg libraries were installed correctly.