Nagios Causes Network Congestion ?

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Fri Nov 21 17:53:56 CET 2003

Network congestion shouldn't be a problem in a well switched environment.
Possible bottlenecks to investigate would be your gateways, if Nagios has to
cross them to reach your monitored hosts.  For example, if your monitored
servers are on one segment, and your desktop and Nagios are on a different
segment, try moving the Nagios host to the server segment to relieve some of
the load on the gateway between the segments.  Also, try running netstat -s
and/or ipconfig -a to see if you've got any large numbers of network errors
statistics.

news:1187.192.168.0.6.1069403182.squirrel at magdalene.cssr.edu.ph...