Nagios versions

Rob Nelson rob at capband.net
Fri Nov 21 17:03:47 CET 2003

I have a question that may be more germaine to another nagios list, if so
let me know which one and I'll post it there...

Right now I'm using Nagios v1.0b6, September 15, 2002, according to Nagios
itself. I've added some plugin packs and the grouplist patch, that kind of
thing, but haven't upgraded the core of Nagios.

I know that Nagios v2 is coming Real Soon Now(tm). I'm looking forward to
some of its features, but not necessarily to the reconfiguring of my files
and such. I also know that I can upgrade to v1.1, but I see a few things
once in a while that indicate some bugs in it, like "tac overview is fixed
in cvs, edit this file...", problems I don't have to deal with now.

What's the dev plan for versions 1.1 and 2.0? As a satisfied user of v1.0,
should I bother to upgrade to 1.1 now, or hold off to 2.0? If so, what kind
of problems or reconfigurations should I expect? Most importantly, will I
gain anything by upgrading to 1.1 or just spend a lot of time going nowhere?

Rob Nelson
Network Administrator, Capitol Broadband
C: 919-369-1874
rob at capband.net