Notification Specifics on V1.1

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Fri Nov 14 23:03:41 CET 2003

Nagios doesn't speak SMTP so it needs to pass the email off to some
program on your linux box that can do mail delivery. Typically this is
/bin/mail which then processes it with whatever SMTP daemon it is
configured to use (typically sendmail). You have two primary options:

1) configure sendmail or other MTA on your linux box to smarthost to
your managed mail servers or
2) http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=150

--
Marc