Notification Specifics on V1.1

- axiomgrid at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 20:51:18 CET 2003

Afternoon,

Running Nagios on an OS X.2.8 server.  Runs fine,
however all the talk about send mail and the
alternatives has me curious how Nagios actually
forwards notifications.  I'm assuming Nagios utilizes
the misccommands.cfg but I would like to know if can
simply call to any email program for notifications.

For example, this install of nagios is deployed in a
university enviroment and establishing sendmail or
alternative would be completly redundant with the
university supporting mail services.  Or my
inexperience with sendmail has me confused.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one with the
privilege and perhaps the pitfall of a managed mail
service.  With that said, I simply want nagios to
forward notifications to a unix based email program
(mta) which will email the notifications via the
university smtp server.

I believe i have provided enough information so I look
forward to the responses.

Regards

axiom