FW: I don't see my servers listed

Johnston Michael J Contr AFRL/DES michael.johnston at kirtland.af.mil
Fri Nov 14 00:32:07 CET 2003

I figured out what my problem was...

use_authentication=1

Thank you all for your help. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnston Michael J Contr AFRL/DES
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 1:46 PM
To: 'nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: I don't see my servers listed

I have installed Nagios and so far so good, except I cannot see the servers
that I'm trying to monitor. I'm am getting emails that some services are
down on some machines, but the "Monitoring" page shows I have no servers
being monitored. I get no errors starting Nagios, so I'm unsure what to
check. Up to this point I've had no major problems. What CFG file does
Nagios look in to display the servers being monitored?  I thought it was the
hosts.cfg file, but I'm sure I have that setup correctly?

On a side note, I noticed that the emails I'm getting say Nagios 1.0, but I
am running 1.1. I did install Nagios 1.0 but decided I should go with 1.1
and recompiled. Could this have caused my problem?

Any help would be awesome.