more service checks per hour - trying to reduce stale service ch ecks

Wilhelm, John john.wilhelm at frontiercorp.com
Thu May 29 22:23:47 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have increased my max_concurrent_checks to 100.  I am watching the process
table and there is no more than 25 nagios processes at a time.

My system specs. are:  4 - 1.4Ghz Xeon processors with 256kb cache, 2GB of
memory, SCSI disks, and dual 100 Full duplex - truncked running RedHat 7.2.
I have a total of 150 hosts with 3000 services.  The services are scheduled
anywhere from every 3 minutes (ping checks) to once a day.

Check Execution Time: 1 sec min.  18 sec. Max.  Average 0.365.

I would like to see more services check than what I am currently getting.
How can I get more concurrent_checks?

The following settings are:
inter_check_delay_method=s
service_interleave_factor=s
service_reaper_frequency=5

I have turned on check_service_freshness, thinking that I could get rid of
some stale checks.  However, with check_service_freshness on, I get false
pages with a lot of unknown (check command failed).

Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John