Highly Unusual Bug

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed May 7 17:35:41 CEST 2003

I was just trying to view the CGIs for a particular Nagios instance,
when I got the error message that I was not authorized to view this
infomation.  I couldn't view any status data.  This has never happened
before, and I knew that the cgi.cfg was configured to allow me in.  I
tried other logins, and every user defined in cgi.cfg could log in but
couldn't see any data.

The error was actually due to an error in the checkcommands.cfg.  I had
edited that config file without restarting Nagios, and there was a
syntax error.  Once I fixed it and hup'd Nagios, I had full access again.

My question, though, is why would this have the affect of making Nagios
think that the user didn't have viewing permissions?

Russell

--
Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.