[Nagios-users]: Nagios/NagiosPlugins Solaris 8 pkg available

Oliver Thieke oliver.devnull at gmx.net
Mon Mar 31 19:58:12 CEST 2003

Hi Andre and List !

 > Yes, the CSWnagiosp has several dependencies in fact,
 > which don't all have to be satisfied depending on what
 > you are doing.
 > Go ahead and install it; if something isn't working right
 > then let me know and I will fix the package.

OK - I'll try that !

 > As for Solaris 2.6, well I don't have access to a 2.6
 > build environment either, so I can't help you there.
 > You could try the 2.8 package though;  I don't think
 > anything very bad will happen - perhaps you will be lucky.

Unfortunately not :-(.  When I try this I get the
following error message:

  root at sun4u>  pwd
    /tmp
  root at sun4u>  ls
    nagiosp-1.3.0-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW
  root at sun4u>  pkgadd -d nagiosp-1.3.0-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW
    pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/tmp/dstreAAASJaa4v>

The environ should be OK because I installed a solaris2.6-package
from sunfreeware without any hassle...
And the same package worked fine on the sol.8-machine...
Second thing I'm not shure about: I think someone told me once
that solaris binaries are not downward compatible.  A 2.6
binary will run on solaris 8 but not vice versa...

Looks as if I'll have to jump into the rough waters of
compiling NRPE/plugins for Solaris 2.6...

 > I'm glad someone is benefitting from these packages!

I think there will be plenty more.  Installing/Compiling on
Solaris has been an issue on this list a couple of times.
The package will make the installation much more easier.
Saved time which can be spent on the struggle with the
config ;-).

Thanx for your help.

Greetings from the polish border

Oliver