Problems with check_by_ssh plugin

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Mar 20 21:00:43 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 02:19:27PM -0500, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> The error message that I encountered in both cases was
>
> 	Permission denied (public,keyboard-interactive).

Hello Andrew,

	When you tested this from the command line, did you use
the hostname for the remote host to test, or the host's IP?
Nagios will use the IP, and may cause this sort of problem.
Whenever I set up a new machine for testing via check_by_ssh,
I manually ssh as the nagios user to the remote system, both
via hostname (and typing "yes" when it asks), and via IP (again
acknowledging the remote host's key).

Benny

--
86. I will make sure that my doomsday device is up to code and properly
    grounded.