Problems with nagios.cmd

Kevin Gibbons kevin at kgibbons.com
Thu Mar 13 07:07:08 CET 2003

I seem to be having some problems with /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd

My Nagios is operating perfectly, except that when I reboot or restart Nagios, it deletes the nagios.cmd file and then builds it new upon restart.  Only problem is, it sets ownership and permissions on the file to nagios/nagios 0644 -- and it's no longer writable.

So I have to re-set ownership on the file to "nobody" to allow the web interface to be able to write to the file, and set permissions to 0777.  Then I can do my web functions just fine again because the file is writable again by the webserver.

Any suggestions on how to properly set things up so I don't have to do this each time the machine or nagios is restarted?