Fail error message - more interesting

Hegedus, Ervin airween at amit.hu
Mon Jun 23 21:02:11 CEST 2003

Hello,

here is a new, interesting problem.

okay, the monitoring of that w2k host was resolved - that host is
an other city, than where i work. that network connects to me
trough VPN. i also monitoring the "other site" VPN router.

Nagios send me an alert message, VPN router is unreacheable. the
problem was in network, and that stayed up just a few minutes.

but.

after this alert, this w2k host - and only this host, other w2k
hosts are goods in Nagios, in that network - is also in alert state.
since 4 hours...

i don't understand this.
how can i debug this state? how can i run Nagios with higher log
facility?
has somebody some good think? :)

thank you:
airween