Too many "services" defined?

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Mon Jun 16 18:21:10 CEST 2003

2 things --

Try running nagios with '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg'. That will verify your config files
and let you know if there are any problems. You should have no
difficulty adding multiple services per host (I have upwards of 15
defined for some).

As far as the intermittent states in the web interface, it sounds like
you've got multiple copies of nagios running. Stop nagios, verify that
you don't have any additional processes running and restart nagios
(after running the -v command above, of course).

Hth.

--
Marc