Too many "services" defined?

Hegedüs Ervin airween at amit.hu
Mon Jun 16 18:25:35 CEST 2003

Hello,

thank you for quick reply.

> Try running nagios with '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg'. That will verify your config files
> and let you know if there are any problems. You should have no
> difficulty adding multiple services per host (I have upwards of 15
> defined for some).

monitor:~# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
.
.
Checking hosts...
Warning: Host 'BISHOP' has no services associated with it!
Warning: Host 'NIKEVPN01' has no services associated with it!
Warning: Host 'SZDSZFW' has no services associated with it!
Warning: Host 'TRANZITFW' has no services associated with it!
.
.

Total Warnings: 4
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check

> As far as the intermittent states in the web interface, it sounds like
> you've got multiple copies of nagios running. Stop nagios, verify that
> you don't have any additional processes running and restart nagios
> (after running the -v command above, of course).

you won :)

monitor:~# ps ax | grep nagios
31331 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
 1846 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
 6735 pts/0    S      0:00 grep nagios

at this time i can't access to my web interface - i try to look
that tomorrow.

thank you, i think it was a big help to me.

air