Any way to have Nagios send epages only when host or service is critical (not for warnings?)

Jason Lancaster jlancaster at affinity.com
Tue Jul 22 15:17:55 CEST 2003

The problem described does not have a work-around listed on any of those pages -- they are general references for basic configuration and information on how nagios works. What the original post stated and what I obliviously missed as well, was the fact that they wanted different rules to govern the pager notification than the email notification. Nagios' host and service notification_options filters globally for both email and pager notifications.

The only true workaround would be to build a more advanced add-on to Nagios to handle notifications based on additional filters. I've seen talk of other notification apps around here...

-Jason