Monitor Checkpoint VPN links

Dan Tulovsky Dan.Tulovsky at sbiandcompany.com
Wed Jul 9 20:58:37 CEST 2003

Hello.

We have a number of offices linked together with VPNs.  The VPNs are
running Checkpoint.  We have one nagios server in one office that
monitors all servers in all offices.  The VPN is a full mesh.  We would
like to monitor the links between all offices through Nagios.  I am
wondering if anyone has done this (I am trying not to reinvent the
wheel) either specifically for checkpoint or vpns in general.  I can
obviously monitor the links between the one office that nagios is in and
all the others, but there is no obvious way to monitor connectivity
between other offices without setting up remote host pings or something
of that sort.

Any suggestions are very welcomed.

Thank you.
Dan