SNPP Check

newsletters newsletters at atcomputerconsulting.com
Wed Jul 9 20:15:41 CEST 2003

Hey Gang,

I am no programmer and I am stuck on how to verify if my SNPP (Using
sendpage) is up and functional.

I have a port 444 check going, but the port might be open, but the daemon
might be hung.

I've been looking at some of the other shell scripts to see how I might do
this check, but it's just over my head writing my own plugin at the
moment.

Looking at the perl scripts makes my eyes roll into the back of my head so
that's not much help either.

Can anybody help me out in creating a simple plugin in bash or perl to
perform this check.

I'm running on rh7.3 if that changes how this works any.

Thanks a ton!
Andy