Statusmap error

Potter, G M (Greg) GPotter at MarathonOil.com
Thu Jan 23 14:29:14 CET 2003

I am setting up Nagios in a new Installation and found an unusual problem.
My hosts icons showed up as a question mark.  I think this is the unknown.png
or perhaps unknown.gdw icon.  When I ran nagios -v there were no reported
errors, but it turned out one of my hostextinfo entries had a typo.  It was a
new type of host I had just added and I copied a previous entry and modified it.
Well in my modification I left 2 characters from the previous name, causing it
not to match the other entries.  It was a template definition.  Once I fixed
the spelling the Icons appeared as before.

Just a thought, but you might double check your hostextinfo file, perhaps removing
all entries but one. If this works, add them back in until the problem is located.

Greg