Temperature monitoring using TempTrax

Cameron Moore lists at unbeatenpath.net
Wed Jan 22 23:12:14 CET 2003

* jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com (Carroll, Jim P [Contractor]) [2003.01.22 10:49]:
> If the above doesn't work, some options:
>
> - build out a low-end Linux box and dovetail it with TempTrax
> - purchase a hardware solution, and use check_snmp
>
> One possible example of the latter:
>
>   http://www.akcpinc.com/company/price_list.html
>
> Get the black box (or blue, in this case), a temperature sensor, optionally
> a humidity sensor, assign an IP, set up check_snmp and you should be good to
> go.  (Using an old Pentium running Linux might end up being cheaper, but you
> might save some time going the black box route.)
>
> Food for thought.

Yuck.  Here's some more food for thought and it's cholesterol free.  I
just purchased a DigiTemp kit from Brian Lane for $37.  Hooked it into
my monitoring station yesterday (there are Win32 binaries, but I run
Linux), and it's working great.  Nagios is watching it, and I've got
RRDTool CGI graphs going.
--
Cameron Moore