NIS check?

Nelson, Ben bnelson at rightnow.com
Fri Jan 17 00:02:43 CET 2003

The problem I see is that the current revision of check_rpc (1.3.0-beta2) is
dependant on specific output of rpcinfo.  If the actual output of rpcinfo
doesn't match any of the scripts known, hard-coded output strings, then the
default state is maintained.  Since the default state is 'OK', you will
always get an 'OK' if the script can't parse the output of rpcinfo.  Doesn't
seem like totally desireable behavior to me.

--Ben