NIS check?

Nelson, Ben bnelson at rightnow.com
Thu Jan 16 23:12:38 CET 2003

After trading a couple of emails with Will Melick, it appears that the
current version (beta) of check_rpc may have a bug.

No matter what host addresss you give the plugin, it returns an 'OK' status.
For example:

$ ./check_rpc -H 999.999.999.99 -C ypbind
OK: RPC program ypbind udp running

This bug appears to have been introduced between version 1.2.9-4 and
1.3.0-beta2 of nagios-plugins.  I still had a
copy of check_rpc from 1.2.9-4 laying around and it returns an error when
invoked as above.

--Ben