nagios.cmd ... "Sorry, you are not authorized. .." -- Argh!

Scott Urbatsch scott at urbatsch.com
Fri Jan 10 17:43:47 CET 2003

I was having the same issue with the external commands. Where I could do
all, but what has been mentioned.  Doing the following to the groups fixed
it for me.  In a similarly configured RedHat 7.3 setup I was not having
this problem, but with RedHat 8.0 (Apache 2.0) I did.

This is my /etc/group file
nagios:x:500:nobody,nagios,apache
nagiocmd:x:502:nagios,nobody,apache

drwxrwxr-x    2 nagios   nagios       4096 Jan 10 00:00 archives
-rw-rw-r--    1 nagios   nagios       1372 Jan  7 23:33 comment.log
-rw-rw-r--    1 nagios   nagios          0 Jan  7 23:33 downtime.log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            6 Jan  7 23:33 nagios.lock
-rw-rw-r--    1 nagios   nagios       6051 Jan 10 08:33 nagios.log
drwxrwsr-x    2 nagios   nagiocmd     4096 Jan  7 23:33 rw
-rw-rw-r--    1 nagios   nagios      20265 Jan 10 08:50 status.log
-rw-rw-r--    1 nagios   nagios      14736 Jan 10 08:33 status.sav

I also had to change the php.ini register_global = on but I believe that
was to resolve APAN issues.