Setting inital state of passive services

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Jan 7 16:32:25 CET 2003

Nagios does not natively support the behavior you are looking for and as
you've surmised, it will keep the services in a pending state until it
receives some sort of check result for that service. It seems to me that
you have several options to work with though. First, and easiest if you
are OK with the services being in a pending state is to specify an
initial state of OK during the report generation phase. Secondly, you
could specify a service check for those services that simply returns an
OK and give it a really long normal_check_interval. You may need to play
with the service_interleave_factor to get the checks to execute quickly.
A final option and probably more robust would be to specify a service
check that looks at the status.sav file to see if the service is
currently in a PENDING state and submit an OK result if so. That check
could execute at a more normal interval and shouldn't be much of an
impact at all.

--
Marc

OK