Setting inital state of passive services

Dennis Cannell dennis.cannell at itouch.ie
Thu Jan 9 13:07:05 CET 2003

Hi Marc,

> Nagios does not natively support the behavior you are looking for and as
> you've surmised, it will keep the services in a pending state until it
> receives some sort of check result for that service.

Thanks for the response, I think solution 3 would be best for me, so I'm
going to have a go at that.

As it happens I've also found a stop-gap kind of measure.  The passive
checks are for SNMP traps.  As I'm using Net-SNMP 4.2.3, and need to use a
polling script to check for ErrorFlags and send traps, I just got said
script to send "OK" traps when it starts up.

That doesn't solve the problem when Nagios is restarted after snmpd however
so I'll try solution three ;-)

Cheers

Dennis