Setting inital state of passive services

Dennis Cannell dennis.cannell at itouch.ie
Tue Jan 7 15:11:24 CET 2003

Hi,

I have Nagios up and running recieving SNMP traps via passive services
(scheduled on no-time-periods, to work around that "disabled" indicator in
the TAC Overview)

I would like to set inital states of OK for each of the passive SNMP trap
services.  I would prefer them to be in that state rather than "pending".

The only way to do this seems to be to mannually, via the GUI, supply OK
passive check results for the services.  Is there a way to get Nagios to
automatically create these services with OK state on startup automatically?
I've scoured the service object config...

I'm using check_dummy returning 0 (OK) as a service check, but seeing as it
is never actually scheduled, nothing will return.

I've also tried changing the service to a valid time period and put both
'active_checks_enabled 0' and 'passive_checks_enabled 1' in but the service
still stays as "pending".

The only thing I have thought of so far is changing the service to retain
state information and then submitting check results by hand.  Ideally I
would like the OK to be assumed without having to submit results by hand
thou.

The whole reason for this is because availability and associated reports
show the services as spending 99% of their time in undetermined time.

Thanks in advance for any leads anyone might have.

Cheers

Dennis