confusion with escalated notifications

Potter, G M (Greg) GPotter at MarathonOil.com
Thu Jan 2 15:26:33 CET 2003

Here is how I do my escalations.  Everyone I want notified goes into the escalation list.
Here only admins and admin pagers get hit on interval 4-5, but the manager gets
notified, as well as the admins on 6-7.

Greg

define hostgroupescalation{
        hostgroup_name          critical-servers
        first_notification      4
        last_notification       5
        notification_interval   60
        contact_groups          unix-admins,admin-pagers
        }

define hostgroupescalation{
        hostgroup_name          critical-servers
        first_notification      6
        last_notification       7
        notification_interval   60
        contact_groups          unix-admins,admin-pagers,manager
        }