FreeBSD & Nagios with statusmap.cgi | How??

Chris McGee chris at xecu.net
Thu Feb 27 16:27:20 CET 2003

I'm one "Nagios on FreeBSD" user.  I agree that it is very hard for the
Nagios development team to keep track of all the ports for various OS's.
The nice thing is that the OS developers/port developers do it for us.  If
you're using freebsd and looking for a port/package for it, the freebsd
team has been nice enough to provide us with a page to search through the
ported applications

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html

Chris

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Bas van der Veen wrote:

> You're right.
>
> I suppose there are too much *NIX and *BSD types around, and the last thing I expect is the Nagios developers being too busy keeping track of all used OSes instead of improving Nagios.
>
> Let's just say I was surprised I couldn't find (almost) anything about Nagios on FreeBSD. I thought FreeBSD was a commonly used OS, to my surprise there aren't much Nagios fans using it.
>
> If you'd like me to provide you with some info about the FreeBSD port, let me know... I'll see what I can do (please keep in mind that I have nothing to do with the ported install and that I mostly use RedHat Linux (up till now).
>
> Regards,
>
> Bas

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chris McGee                             301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access