Fwd: Distributed checking

Jason Burnett jason at cannonfodder.org
Fri Feb 7 07:15:34 CET 2003

I am still having this issue. I want it to perform the freshness check
because I need to know if it is not getting the results from the passive
server, so I set freshness threshold to 500, just to get it out there.
Now, my passive server sends the results, the primary shows green, then
goes red and in the log on the primary server I can see where it is
trying to test the server itself. my check interval on teh passive
server is set to 1. Any other suggestions? Does anyone have this working
successfully? Which version of nagios? What is your freshness interval
setting? I am an the edge of getting this implemented as our new
production monitoring system, I just have to get this issue ironed out.

on Thu Feb 06 Andrew Meredith spoke forth with the blessed manuscript
> This is the same problem I described under:

>   Subject: Distributed Checks
>   Date:    2003-02-04 1512

> In that mail I confirm that if you were to do this, then the server
> would indeed stop performing active checks .. which is what I want, as
> the central server cannot successfully perform the checks from it's IP
> address.

> However, it doesn't then do anything else either.

> I was expecting it to mark the service as unknown or down or somethng,
> it just keeps on displaying the last service status that it received.

> Andy M

> Atul Gosain wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >The problem is simple.
> >U have check_freshness variable set to 1. The effect of this is that
> >whenever the passive service results does not reach nagios for some time
> >(freshness_threshold ), it considers the result as stale and starts
> >checking actively for that service. If u want that active checks are not
> >executed when passive results are stale, then disable check_freshness
> >variable.
> >Just tell me in case ur problem is solved.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Atul
> >
> >Jasmine wrote:

> >>HI all.. i m still having this problem sorry. i thought i made a
> >>config mistake, but that does not solve the problem.

begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
See Microsoft KB Article Q265230 for more information.
end