Services and hostgroups

Armin Irger irger at fh-rosenheim.de
Fri Feb 7 17:49:51 CET 2003

Hmmm.

You have so hostgroups like this.

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  Servers_Novell
        alias           Servers Novell
        contact_groups  novell-admins
        members fh_route.fh-rosenheim.de,kaputnix.inf.fh-rosenheim.de
        }

And have your service defined like this.

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
        hostgroup_name          Servers_Novell, host_group-1, ...
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

You associate the service to the hostgroup. Now you can add hosts only
to the hostgroup without special adding to the services.
I'am not sure that i understand your problem "3 hostsgroups with many
services for each hostgroup" ?

-------
- Armin

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:54, Steve Dussaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to associate a hostgroup to a group of services ?
> Let me explain briefly what i'm looking for :
>
> I have 3 hostsgroups with many services for each hostgroup.
> I want to add a host in one of the hostgroup and automatically have the services associated with
> it.
> I don't want to add services for this new host.
>
> Can Nagios do this ?
>
> Steve

Wundere dich nicht daß du nicht ankommst,
wenn du nicht weißt wo du hin willst.

Fachhochschule Rosenheim
Armin Irger
Hochschulstr. 1