Feture Req: checklist style multiple service selection

Fri Feb 7 06:06:21 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your question and share what was told me,

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:52:01AM -0500, jmarquart at planalytics.com wrote:

> Something that I would greatly appreciate in my daily duties, is the ability to
> select sets of services from a host (or ideally perhaps multiple services from
> multiple hosts) and manipulate then in a group as i might individually.

Unfortunately, there is only a 50% solution: it allows you to act on all
hosts in a host group and or all services on a host, but not on multiple
services that are not on the same host or mutiple randomly selected
services.

1 To enable or disable notifications or checks of all services on a
host,

see the corresponding icons in the extinfo CGI (the panel that has the
complete details about a host or service)

2 To enable or disable notifications or checks of all hosts on all hosts
in a host group.

2.1 From the top level CGIs (status summary, status overview etc)

2.1.1 select (click) the short name - that in parentheseis [()] - of the
host group.

This should show a panel like

Hostgroup Information
   Last Updated: Fri Feb 7 16:04:36 EST 2003
   Updated every 90 seconds
   Nagios® - www.nagios.org
   Logged in as anwsmh
   View Status Detail For This Hostgroup
   View Status Overview For This Hostgroup
   View Status Grid For This Hostgroup
   View Availability For This Hostgroup
   Hostgroup
   Hosts & Routers for Mainframe
   (CSC Mainframe)

   Hostgroup Commands
   Schedule Downtime For All Hosts In This Hostgroup        Schedule
downtime for all hosts in this hostgroup
   Schedule Downtime For All Services In This Hostgroup     Schedule
downtime for all services in this hostgroup
   Enable Notifications For All Hosts In This Hostgroup     Enable
notifications for all hosts in this hostgroup
   Disable Notifications For All Hosts In This Hostgroup    Disable
notifications for all hosts in this hostgroup
   Enable Notifications For All Services In This Hostgroup  Enable
notifications for all services in this hostgroup
   Disable Notifications For All Services In This Hostgroup Disable
notifications for all services in this hostgroup
   Enable Checks Of All Services In This Hostgroup          Enable
checks of all services in this hostgroup
   Disable Checks Of All Services In This Hostgroup         Disable
checks of all services in this hostgroup

(The URL is /cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=5&hostgroup=HostGroupName)

2.1.2 select the approriate action.

HTH,

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft