Monitoring Crystal Enterprise

Wed Feb 5 22:00:29 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:14:55AM -0600, Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com wrote:
> Anybody out there monitoring Crystal Enterprise 8.5?  If so, what.  I've
> taken some of Crystal's sample web pages from their SDK and am using
> them to check the APS and some metrics.  However, if Crystal is very
> busy running jobs, my script times out and notifies me of a problem when
> there is none..

Timeouts are implemented both by Nag (to provide better performance by
not waiting for slow plugins and _should_ be by the plugin.

> Since my plugin on the Nagios side is a Perl script
> performing an HTTP::Request, is the timeout adjustable in Nagios or is
> that a question for my Perl mailing lists?

It's adjustable by both.

However since IIRC the timeout default in LWP::UserAgent is 300 secs,
it's probably Nag.

perldoc LWP::UserAgent

http://<your_nag_path>/docs/configmain.html#service_check_timeout

Yours sincerely.