passive checks

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Feb 3 19:03:48 CET 2003

I don't have a direct answer to your question.

However, would it not be possible to do the following:

- make a list of the operating systems on the client hosts (eg, Red Hat 7.3,
Solaris8)
- on another host which has the same architecture, compile NRPE
- create tarball
- copy tarball to remote host of same o/s
- extract tarball
- finish installation
- create definition(s) in services.cfg on Nagios host
- restart Nagios

Is this a possibility?

jc