passive checks

Zbynek Matousek xmatous1 at atlas.cz
Mon Feb 3 18:17:02 CET 2003

 can someone help me with config passive checks?

I have to use the Nagios Java System (no ssh and c compiler on monitored systems but java yes) and I don't understand where i have to place the config file.

Can someone send me an example of all necessary config files and say where place them. If it is on mashine with Nagios or on mashine where the passive chechs are made.

The second question is how are the passive checks invoked - the java client invokes all tests by some scheduler  or I must place tests to the crontab and redirect the output of the job to the java client?

------
Zbynek Matousek