Stange problem checking https

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Sun Feb 2 19:22:43 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 20:09, DM wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Unfortunately the app in question is on an intranet and not publicly
> available.
>
> With your direction, I'll be happy to perform additional diagnostics
> and send you the output.

I was hoping to save you the compile etc. But, alas, I cannot.

My first step would be to download the current CVS tree, build the
plugins, and try that. As I had noted, the http plugin has been revised
several times, and some possibly relevent code was fixed.

> Also, please note that we are running check_http using the SSL option
> against many other
> servers and there are no problems.
>
> Could it be the fact that the "problem" server is responding to Nagios
> with HTTP v.1.0 as
> opposed to 1.1 like all the other servers?

I don't like to rule things out. And I won't.

But I cannot see how that would impact the plugin. I will look, however.

Meanwhile, I await your report against CVS.

--
Karl