check_nrpe fails, SSL handshake error

John Downs john.downs at labs.gte.com
Sun Dec 21 23:14:31 CET 2003

I'm having the exact same problem as Michael.  Only I'm running Solaris 8
and no tcp wrappers.
I have also tried runing nrpe without inetd with the same results. My
question to you nrpe gurus is:
Do i need to set the suid bit on nrpe?
And should I see nrpe running in the background on any or all of the
options for running. At present I don't.

-john