Incredible amount of false positives

DTerrell at Delphi-Tech.com DTerrell at Delphi-Tech.com
Mon Dec 8 17:30:21 CET 2003

This is getting quite frustrating.  I'm wondering why my nagios machines are
sending out an incredible amount of false positives to me.  The
configuration is two distributed machines, one is a 233mhz/128M/256M swap
with 42 hosts, among those 42 hosts is 53 service checks, most of which
being just ping.  The other is a dual 667/1G/2G swap with 49 hosts/52
service checks, the central machine is a 667mhz/128M/256M swap.  Often what
I get in e-mail is either one email with critical and the recovery shortly
after, or even both at the same time!  All servers run the nagios status fs
in a ramdisk as suggested long ago.  Any suggestions on how to get more
accurate notifications, or even accurate to begin with (99.9% of the time
it's not legit) would be appreciated.

Thanks,