timeperiods.cfg

chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com
Mon Dec 8 16:15:59 CET 2003

I set up a timeperiod like so:

# 'edr' timeperiod definition
define timeperiod{
      timeperiod_name edr
      alias       edr downtime
      sunday            01:00-23:00
      monday      01:00-23:00
      tuesday     01:00-23:00
      wednesday   01:00-23:00
      thursday    01:00-23:00
      friday            01:00-23:00
      saturday    01:00-23:00
      }

I use it in a service definition like so:

# Service definition
define service{
      use                     generic-service

      host_name               usmghweb002
      service_description           EDR
      is_volatile             0
      check_period                  24x7
      max_check_attempts                      3
      normal_check_interval                   5
      retry_check_interval                        1
      contact_groups                                 solaris-admins
      notification_interval                          120
      notification_period                           edr
      notification_options                          w,u,c,r
      check_command                             check_http3!3333
      }

The way I understand it, notifications will only be sent for this service
between 1AM (0100 hours) and 11PM (2300 hours). However, after restarting
nagios and even using update-nagios on several consecutive days, the
notification for this service still goes out. I know that this service will
be unavailable during btween 2300 hours and 0100 hours everyday, and do not
want the SA on call to be paged about it.

----
Charles H. Baker
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
Red Hat Certified Engineer
chbaker at ps dot rockwell dot com
work: 864.281.2409 fax: 864.281.2487 cell: 864.363.5302
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always
gotten. --Paul J. Meyer