SNMP Support for Nagios

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Mon Dec 1 02:24:55 CET 2003

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Chris Jarvis [mailto:cjarvis at portal.com]
	Sent: Sun 11/30/2003 6:50 PM
	To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [Nagios-users] SNMP Support for Nagios

	Hello,

	I was wondering if any one could point me to a FAQ on adding SNMP support to Nagios?  So far I have been unsuccessful getting it to work.

	I am running Nagios 1.1 on Red Hat 9.0 using the 1.3.1-5 plug-in RPMs built by DAG Wieers.

	There are a number of dependencies for the check_snmp command such as net-snmp which requires a number of perl modules.  I have installed most of the perl modules but am getting hung up on perl(Term::ReadKey) and perl (Tk) module missing.  I have downloaded perl(Term::ReadKey) from Red Hat but am unable to install and I can not find the perl (Tk) module.

	Can any one point me to an alternate source for Perl RPM’s?

	Install from CPAN instead. No need to go hunting for RPM's.

	/usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'install Term::Readkey'

	/usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'install Tk'  (you may be able to get away with -e 'install Term::Readkey Tk'

	or http://www.cpan.org and search for the tarballs. There really is no specific FAQ on installation. net-snmp has it's own installation documentation. After it's installed, run 'make distclean && ./configure && make && make install' in the nagios plugins tarball that you downloaded. configure should automatically deted the net-snmp installation and compile the check_snmp plugin.

	--

	Marc