SNMP Support for Nagios

Chris Jarvis cjarvis at portal.com
Mon Dec 1 01:50:07 CET 2003

Hello,

I was wondering if any one could point me to a FAQ on adding SNMP support to
Nagios?  So far I have been unsuccessful getting it to work.

I am running Nagios 1.1 on Red Hat 9.0 using the 1.3.1-5 plug-in RPMs built
by DAG Wieers.

There are a number of dependencies for the check_snmp command such as
net-snmp which requires a number of perl modules.  I have installed most of
the perl modules but am getting hung up on perl(Term::ReadKey) and perl (Tk)
module missing.  I have downloaded perl(Term::ReadKey) from Red Hat but am
unable to install and I can not find the perl (Tk) module.

Can any one point me to an alternate source for Perl RPM's?

Sorry if this is a clueless newbie question.  I am more of a network guy
that a linux guy... :-)

Thank you