Nagios Making Phone Calls - How ?

Joshua R. jrobinett at wi.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 16:30:27 CEST 2003

I got pretty far with this yesterday, but had problems getting vgetty
(mgetty+voice) to work with the external US Robotics Sportster Modem. I
will be picking up a voice modem to play with, and I will see if that
works. My idea was to use the notification escalations to determine when
to make phone calls, since I do not waiting it calling everyone
immediately. My next best guess was defining a new command to be used
for the contacts config file. and define a new contact/group for phone
calls.

Not sure how everyone else in-visioned this. I will let you know once I
have made some more progress. Yann, can you post the scripts you used
and the configs you made for nagios?

Thanks,

Josh