Nagios Making Phone Calls - How ?

Yann Lollivier yann.lollivier at logicacmg.com
Thu Aug 7 09:58:02 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am in the process of doing this. I am using a phone card to perform the calls, but this should work with a voice modem. Here is my prcess :
-Nagios sends a mail with the contact's phone number as the subject to a specific user
-Procmail is configured for this user, so it that it catches the mail and send it to a perl script for parsing
-The perl script first generate  a .wav file, calling the festival_client command with the message body as input
-The phone number in the mail subject is then called, and the .wav gets play.

If anyone has a better (cleaner ?) solution than using procmail, I'd be happy to hear about it !

Yann

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.

the system manager. LogicaCMG