parent_hosts option for remote hosts is not recognised

Tom DE BLENDE Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Mon Apr 28 15:47:28 CEST 2003

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#host

parents: 	 This directive is used to define a comma-delimited list of
short names of the "parent" hosts for this particular host. Parent
hosts are typically routers, switches, firewalls, etc. that lie
between the monitoring host and a remote hosts. A router, switch, etc.
which is closest to the remote host is considered to be that host's
"parent". Read the "Determining Status and Reachability of Network
Hosts" document located here for more information. If this host is on
the same network segment as the host doing the monitoring (without any
intermediate routers, etc.) the host is considered to be on the local
network and will not have a parent host. Leave this value blank if the
host does not have a parent host (i.e. it is on the same segment as
the Nagios host). The order in which you specify parent hosts has no
effect on how things are monitored.