Unique check commands

Strng Phisch rhltechie at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 20:57:30 CEST 2003

Hi all-

I am very new to all of this.  With some help of a few
of you here I have managed to get my nagios up and
running with a good many of my hosts, as well as
getting gd installed and showing off some pretty
icons.  ;)  Now, on to the harder stuff.  I notice in
the services.cfg file, that you specify a service to
check, obviously, and then below, one of the variables
is check_$SERVICENAME$  My question.  What if you
would like to check a service that does not have a
check command?  or can you even do that?  do you have
to write your own check command?  if so, how would one
go about this?

TIA,